Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend of Work

For your viewing pleasure I have some fun scrapbooking layouts, notebooks, and cards! This was a productive weekend amongst the tragedy that occurred here Friday that I will refer to as "The Incident" as I was getting ready to head to my 2 day crop. I had put all of my glimmer mist, embossing powder, distress powders,shimmerz paints, mod podge, glossy accent, chalks and glue in my Caboodle to carry. I had put it by the front door, went in my room to change, then pack my carry all...came around the corner to find this...which is only what they dumped here, the rest was up directly into the trash can..most of the mist and chalk were ok,and my glossy accent had 1/4 left, both my crackle paints survived as well as one of my mod podges everything else went to the scrappy graveyard....moment of silence.....My niece and Edward, my youngest were both found at the scene of "The Incident" though neither fessed up, the paint and powder from Ava's head to toe was a clear indicator who had the most fun :/
Thanks to the ears and eyes of some super great people I have made it though "The Incident" with only about 3 straight hours of sobbing hysterically followed by another 10 on and off and am working on a plan to rebuild my supply one piece at a time!

I did manage to however get some things accomplished at my crop and yesterday, so with out further ado..


I used Sketch My World April 1st Sketch  to guide my creation.
I incorporated Paper Secrets Challenge #3 for use of Crimson, Butter cream,and Green Apple.
I had so much fun with my Cry Cry Baby layout for Candy Shoppe Designs U Crack Me Up Challenge to scrap some funny/embarrassing moment I had to do another one!


Layout
"But You Can Pick Your Brothers...."
Edward was only about a month old and we were sitting on the couch and I was trying to "capture" some sweet brotherly love moments. As I am looking through the camera I realize Edward has some boogies and say it out loud...Noah being the loving brother he is, decided to help him out with his booger situation...His face is priceless...
"It is said "You can Pick your friends,
and you can pick your nose.
But you can't pick your friends nose....
But!!!
You can pick your brothers nose!"
Close up of journaling (my handwriting sucks yes, I know, but it is mine...)
Hand Made flowers I followed ( Such a pretty mess tutorial)



Next up is my very first Card Challenge! I was a little nervous as it is such a smaller space to work with but I think I did pretty good here! I follwed 2 Sketches 4 you Kazan's Sketch #50 I moved the ribbon to the left simply because I couldn't fit my words!! I hope you like it! I had fun with it and plan on doing their bonus challenge so stay tuned!

SO I decided to try another card challenge over at Sketch and Stash Challenge and what I loved was you have to use something in your stash that you never have...hum that will be hard (yeah right) Here is my take on their sketch...I made Best Friends Card...using both the center sticker and lower sticker from an unopened pack from a yard sale grab bag from last August.





That is all for now, I am still working on some other stuff so keep checking in to see what I come up with!!!

16 comments:

Allison Cope said...

OMG... that would be a mess Adrienne! Hope you're able to restock your supplies soon!

Great layouts and cards!

Nancy said...

First of all, I must say....I LOVE THE TITLE OF YOUR BLOG!!!!!!! absolutely brilliant!!! secondly....this layout is complete preciousness....those photos are perfection....such great & hilarious moments...and you captured them on film....I'm so jealous! I'm glad you liked my ribbon storage solution...Maybe one of these days I'll actually finish it LOL! maybe during "naptime!" thanx for taking the time to visit and leave such love on my blog! You made me laugh! and your blog is so fun to read! definitely going to join your followers! Have a great week!

cnelson said...

so very sorry about the "incident"! yikes! Your projects are absolutely brilliant...that lo is just about the cutest ever!!

kate blue said...

Wow, that was some incident...I think I woulda been an unhappy camper too...love the creations and I love the "nose layout"...we gotta scrap the blackmail pics for later right???!!

KitKat (Team Sugar @ Candy Shoppe Designs)
http://kateblue.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow... kids... lol! Gotta love 'em. :) Great card! So glad you played with us at 2S4Y! *hugs!*

Nadine Carlier said...

Sorry again about "the inncident" glad you were still able to get things done. I have to say that absolutly love the picking your brothers nose layout. The pictures are just priceless!

sam said...

beautiful page! and you're cards are great too! can't believe it was the first time you did that!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card,love your style!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

mommyof5kidz said...

AWWW! I love love love the pickin' nose layout!!! That is stinkin' Priceless!!
SOoooOoooOOOOooo glad you were still able to get creative at your crop!!

Jill said...

aww so sorry about your stash hun,on the up side you get to do some guilt free spending replenishing it all lol
Love your cards and the scrapbook page is fab so funny thanks for joining us at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Joyce Ann said...

Such a heart breaking disaster for you - soooo sorry it happened.
The layout pics are too precious.

Unknown said...

lovely projects :)

K

Marda said...

I think you should send the "picking your nose" layout for a "you can't help but giggle" challenge! Great Job!

chris a said...

Your booger layout is so cute and funny - just love that story! thanks for sharing with us at Candy Shoppe designs.
Lemon Zinger

Audrey Yeager said...

I just love love love those photos in your LO! That 2nd one of the baby is so cute! Thanks for playing at CSD!

Dana Tatar said...

Great LO Adrienne! I LOVE the photos!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online