Sunday, April 25, 2010

If not for the Rain, there'd never be a Rainbow

There was so much I wanted to do with this layout and luckily I got to do all of it!! This sketch and the prompts I had just really had my juices flowing! I used a sketch by Design Dollies as well as incorporated their Elements Challenge for a non-traditional item which is the blue clear plastic behind the photo, it is actually package that some stickers came in covered in Adirondack ink. I used Candy Shoppe Designs It's Raining It's Pouring Challenge as the theme for my layout and had a blast making my "rain". Creative Prompts Challenge #12 to "Change it Up" by altering an element on your page and so I altered my "sun" which was a white flower. I hope you like my take on these Challenges!!!
"If not for the Rain, there'd never be a Rainbow"
I Misted the top half of the page to give a bluish tent, then I put a row of dots of my adirondack ink on my non-stick craft sheet then used my blender to pick up the pattern of "raindrops" then I used my glossy accent to make dots randomly for an added raindrop effect.
 
I altered my flower with mists and perfect pearls to look like a sun.
I used a plastic bag that some stikers came in as a non-traditional element. I colored it with my Adirondack ink in the same color as the rain.
 
I thought only fitting to add a grassy scene at the bottom to show the other side of the rainbow :)
 

I hope you enjoyed it!

15 comments:

Chloe said...

Fantastic! Love the sun/flower :-)

Mel said...

This is gorgeous and whimsical, love your misting and the theme too cute. Thanks for playing with us at the Dollies.

everythingscrappn.com said...

I love this layout! Ok so I'm here because you were the winner @ Everything Scrapp'n Blog Challenge in March. Sorry I'm so late pulling a winner. Moving took more than I could have ever imagined.
Please email me your address @ hgturner (at) everythingscrappn.com

Unknown said...

I love this! The misting! The rainbow! The pic! Its perfect!!! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

Allison Cope said...

Love the altered bloom to represent your sun! Beautiful page Adrienne!
Thanks for playing along with us this week!

Ally.
http://creativeprompts4u.blogspot.com/

The Mom said...

The rain effect is very cool!

Angie Blom said...

I love this layout! Great way to use those flowers! Great misting too!

Scrapping Haven said...

I love love love the rainbow! And the Sun!
Hugs,
Ray

Audrey Yeager said...

WOW! I love the simple design of this...yet there is so much goodness to look at! I love it! Thanks for playing at CSD!

Dana Tatar said...

I LOVE the glossy rain drops and the way you colored and re-used the plastic packaging! Thanks for playing at CSD!

Hanneke said...

Love this, such a cute LO!! Thanks for playing with us at CP4U!!

AmesOx said...

AMAZING take on the raindrop challenge! Love the glossy accent effect and how it looks like real rain! You rocked these challenges girl! Thanks for playing along with us at Candy Shoppe Designs!

Amy - Snap Crackle Pop

Myia Shantrice said...

Love your take on the raindrops challenge! Nice job incorporating more than one challenge at a time! Thanks for playing along with Candy Shoppe Designs!

Julia Sáddi said...

Great layout, congratulations! xox Julia Sáddi

Unknown said...

I love your layout and all the effects- so impressive -so inspiring!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online