Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Face it I'm Adorable!

This layout was such a fun one, becasue I got to play around with  my new Perfect Pearls that I found on Ebay for a whopping $4.99!!! I fell in love with all things Tim Holtz when I found him, he is so my style and I love it so already subscribed to his youtube channel I had seen this demo and was dying to try it and finally go the chance!
I used  Sketch 61 from The Scrappiest blog , took inspiration from the painting Senecio, 1922 by Paul Klee, Kunstmuseum, Basel from Scrap the Art's Challenge #5. I  incorporated The Challenge masters "Go Green" challenge with use of Cardboard as well as SPCC Color Combos!

Face it...I'm Adorable
I am 100% postitve that every one of you have at least 5 pictures taken one after the other after the other of just your babies face trying to catch a smile or laugh...I have about 20 sets of these from different ages for both my boys! This is my oldest son Noah when he was a few months old, I took maybe 50 pictures :/ printed oh at least half...
Close up of imprinted journaling, using tim holtz perfect pearls, UTT and stamp. 
 The circle is actually cardboard I cut out of a box I had laying around.
 Flowers are altered. Large flower misted, painted and UTT. The smaller one is misted, stickled and inked.

I masked a doily for the shape of the circle from the sketch, stitched fiber across using a  back weave.
Stamped Corner Frame, used mini staple (had to just bought it!)



And just because I had so much fun making the circles...I had to make a tag just for fun....maybe I will use it on my next layout? I LOVE LOVE LOVE this tag! Check it out let me know what you think!

6 comments:

Scrapping Haven said...

This is super cute! I love the colors and Tim Holtz! He has some great products. Thanks for playing with us this time around at scraptheart.
Hugs,
Ray

Laura said...

WOW! Super cute! I love the whole layout and the flowers with UTEE are just adorable!

Thank you for playing with us at Scrap the Art. Good luck!

Hugs,
Laura

Nancy said...

Uh, WOW! that tag is AMAZING! incredible work on this! What are you talking about rubbing talent off on you...I don't think you need any more :) and how exactly did you imprint that journaling on that circle cardboard piece...I've never seen that! that really looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenni said...

Love your layout and the details are fab. The tag is stunning as well. Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap the Art - hope to see you again soon.
Jenni x

Evonne said...

This layout is just amazing. I love all the detail.........I'm totally with you on all things Tim Holtz! Thank you for taking part in Scrap the Art this week, hope you enjoyed the challenge.
Evonne.

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your layout and what you did with the Tim Holtz products!!! Thanks for joining us at The Scrappiest this week!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online